Monday, September 21, 2009

HW #4 First Comments history (digital)

Brendan,

Devin said...
I appreciate what I consider to be your healthy criticism of using facebook.

I think it is helpful to question individual's motivations for using facebook especially when we know of friends who spend an inordinate amount of time updating their own facebook. I think there really is something to your suggestion that the people who spend too much time on Facebook are working too hard to impress others as appose to people who feel pretty good about themselves and aren't trying to doctor everything and are just trying to have a nice communication.

I am in agreement with you that there is a danger in using facebook if we are trying to re-invent ourselves all the time to impress others. This use of Facebook is a giant waste of time that could be better spent learning a new skill or perfecting one you have that really could make you feel better about yourself.

I think that we both agree that since facebook is such a new technology that has caught on so fast, it is a good idea for all of us to stop and ask ourselves every couple of weeks about how much time we are actually spending on Facebook and what we are getting out of it.

Thank you for writing this post which I think is essentially about keeping it real on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment